Monday 11 January 2016

POEM: Thank You Note To Those We've Met By Allah's Will

In The Name Of Allah
The Most Gracious The Most Merciful


A note in the form of a few rhyming lines,
To express my thanks to those whom I have met,
As a sign of my gratitude to Allah
For lessons He taught me I should not forget:

To my beloved parents, first and foremost:
Though they won't read this, as Allah brought them back,
May Allah have Mercy on them, reunite
Us in Heaven, and make our good dreams true facts.
Ameen.

To my dear brothers and immediate loved ones:
Forgive, and thank you for all favors you've done.
Though at times we were quiet, I stayed thankful
For advice you gave, good memories and fun.

To my only husband, though he won't know this:
Many poems of love I wrote about you,
Including you in my du'as, as well as
My loyalty, are some proofs my love is true.

To my family, relatives - far or near:
Thank you for gifts you gave and kindness you showed.
If I still owe anything, please forgive me,
Forgive, for not everyone's feelings I know.

To teachers, even those from kindergarten:
May Allah reward you for good things you taught,
For your words that helped motivate and inspire,
Awesome memories and gifts some teachers brought.
Ameen.

To friends, classmates and schoolmates of various kinds:
Thank you for every moment in which we learned -
Learned a lot from each other and others too,
And how most deeds to their doers do return.

Thanks to those who understand that I talk when
I have some truth to share or good things to teach,
And when I enjoin right, it's not out of pride,
It's to remind others of our true belief.

And when I stay silent or seem distant so,
It's because I'm being watchful of my speech.
The wise speak a few words, spend time with the wise,
And with those whose doors are closed don't bother speak.

'Love and hate for Allah' in that I believe,
While maintaining good Muslim manners always.
To be Muslim is to be fair, kind, and just,
And to do everything just for Allah's sake.

As for those who did us wrong in any way,
Those who treated me or loved ones unfairly:
They know who they are, May Allah deal with them,
And on Judgment Day give them their wrongs justly.
Ameen.

Only Allah is free of imperfections.
Only Allah is The True Judge in both worlds.
Before some criticize, because of envy,
They must look at themselves first, and list their flaws.

If ever I insulted you, I'm sorry.
If ever I seemed strict, I thought I was right.
If I thought I was right, when I was wrong, know
That I'm human too, making mistakes at times.

Thank you to the readers who read all these lines,
May Allah The Most Kind guide you to His Way.
May Allah The Most Merciful forgive us,
And join us with the winners on Judgment Day.
Ameen.

To some people, all actions need explaining.
To the faithful, your acts don't need any words.
In truth, all deeds are already recorded,
And of everyone's state Allah always knows.

May Allah the Most Merciful forgive all our mistakes, accept all our good deeds, answer all our du'as and reunite us with our Muslim loved ones in Jannatul Firdaus near Him Allah and His noble Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam. Ameen. www.wisdom.edu.ph

Include all Muslims in your good du'as :)

Wasalaam~
Mariam Mababaya <3 Nomayri AbdulWahab