Saturday 10 September 2016

POEM: My Niqab Story And The Benefits Of Wearing Niqaab

In The Name Of Allah
The Most Gracious The Most Merciful


Quick story to share with you for Allah’s sake
Of how I started wearing niqaab with faith:
From birth to about ten years old, my young days,
That time when I too traveled to U.S.A.
I did not wear hijab at that early stage.
.:.
As a preteen, before age thirteen years old,
I embraced wearing hijab when outside home.
In sixth grade, I wore niqaab as school dress code,
At those Saudi public schools that are well-known,
Yet for a while I hid feelings that were wrong.

.:.
I wanted niqaab worn only in Saudi,
Was shy of wearing it in other countries,
Was conscious back then of many stares at me,
‘Till some Sheikhs answered my questions on T.V.
About niqaab – I’ve learned it’s mandatory.

.:.
Though young I was eager to learn more Islam,
So I researched more online to understand.
One proof of the obligation of niqaab:
Female pilgrims should not wear it during Hajj.
The niqaab also uplifts one’s faith/Imaan.

.:.
In my teenage years I wore niqaab when out,
Yet my confidence back then was not yet loud,
‘Till I saw her at this hotel’s restaurant,
A niqaabi in black, with good vibes about,
She inspired me – of her Islam she was proud.

.:.
In my twenties I learned to love niqaab more,
Whether in Saudi, Philippines, or abroad.
Of the niqaab’s importance I became sure,
Not caring what viewers think nor their vile slurs.
When people insult, your sins are theirs galore.

.:.
Niqaabis are loved not by their choice of clothes,
Appearance, riches, or beauty cheaply shown.
By our faith and personality we’re known.
To be with Allah, as His friends, is our goal.
May Jannatul Firdaus be our promised home. Ameen.
.:.
The Islamic Ruling On Women Wearing The Niqab Or Face-Veil
www.islamqa.info/en/11774

A Muslimah's Understanding Of The Importance Of Niqab
www.muhajabah.com/whyniqab.htm
www.muhajabah.com/niqabdalils.htm

Allah the Almighty knows best.

May Allah the Most Merciful accept all our good deeds, forgive all our wrongdoings, answer our du'as and reunite us with our Muslim loved ones in Jannatul Firdaus next to Him and His beloved Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu alaihi wa sallam. Allahumma Innaka 'Afuwwun Kareemun tuhibbul 'afwa fa'fu 'annaa. Ameen.


Wasalaam~
Mariam <3 Nomayri AbdulWahab