Saturday 31 January 2015

POEM: Take Some Time To Contemplate & Questions To Ask Yourself

When you find yourself alone, sit and think.
Be calm, knowing that God is by your side.
Let your soul question, and your ego shrink.
Ask yourself questions – with answers that guide –

All that you did since you were born till now,
Were most of them good? Done to please Allah?
Can they save you on Judgment Day somehow?
Or do you still need to go very far?

What good deed can you do to please Allah?
Are the intentions of your deeds all clean?
How do you share your knowledge of Islam?
Is some of your ‘pride’ affecting your deen?

More questions like these should be asked each day –
For Allah’s guidance we must contemplate.        

~Written by Mariam Mababaya
www.wisdom.edu.ph
Wisdom Islamic School                    

Some Questions To Ask Yourself Before Going To Bed:
1. What good deed have I done today that inshaAllah pleased Allah?
2. Did I perform all of my obligations to Allah, such as the five salahs did I pray them?
3. Did I do at least one act that is Sunnah to prove my love for the Prophet Muhammad sallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam, like praying a Sunnah prayer such as Dhuha and Tahajjud?
4. Did I erase or compensate for any bad deeds I may have done in the past by seeking Allah's forgiveness or doing a good deed to erase a bad one?
5. Did I say salaam to at least one Muslim or smiled at a fellow Muslim for Allah's sake?
6. If I've offended any Muslim did I apologize to him/her or compensated for that wrongdoing by praying for them / including them in my du'a?
7. How many ayahs/verses from the Noble Qur'an did I recite today?
8. What lessons have I learned today by observing the acts and habits of some people?
9. In what way have we shared Allah's Message or knowledge of Islam? Were my good manners a source of guidance for others too?

May Allah the Most Merciful forgive all of our sins, accept all our good deeds, always guide us to Him and make us among His righteous friends whom He will surely welcome in Heaven near Him and His beloved Prophet Muhammad sallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam. Ameen~