Friday 11 September 2015

POEM: Old Poem - Why My Spouse And I Don't Use FaceBook

In the Name of Allah
The Most Gracious The Most Merciful

When asked why I no longer have an account
On facebook dot com, this is what I would say:
No strange facebook addiction would mean no stress
Checking on negative posts each night and day,

No looking at photos which I should not view,
Pics of meetups where I was uninvited,
Of people showcasing what they want to show,
Who with themselves are so infatuated.

No passing by someone you dislike online,
No comments that may offend or cause debate,
No comparing oneself with someone's fake state,
No fishing for 'likes', no excuse to pray late.

Now the main reason why I'm not on facebook
And God knows best - is to prove my loyalty -
Loyalty to my one and only husband,
Who has not one facebook account, just like me -

As his true wife Alhamdulillah, I would
Never form relations with a non-Mahram -
I've no connections with other men but he -
In real life and in dreams: my one and only husband.

(MashaAllah) Wasalaam~
Mariam & Nomayri