Wednesday 23 September 2015

POEM: Du'a/Supplication On Yawm 'Arafa

In The Name Of Allah
The Most Gracious The Most Merciful


It's been two weeks since our dear Abu's passing,
Not even a year since dear Ome's death too -
I type these words while on this day we're fasting,
On Yawm 'Arafa - when all du'as come true:

May Allah have Mercy on both my parents,
Who took care of me and tried their very best -
Writers of Islamic books and lecturers,
Who shared Islam with others - faith of the blessed.
[Ameen.]

May Allah the Most Forgiving forgive me,
Forgive all my sins which I have committed,
May Allah pardon all my mistakes and flaws,
And good acts I may have procrastinated.
[Ameen.]

May Allah the Most Wise, like He has shown me
That Only He Allah is to be trusted,
Teach me His Wisdom behind all things even
Through some dreams, or people's lessons undoubted.
[Ameen.]

May Allah the Most Loving accept all my
Good deeds and make my tears also intercede
On Judgment Day - and May I meet Allah while
Doing what He loves and He is with me pleased.
[Ameen.]

May Allah the Most Just and the All-Knowing
Answer our du'as against those who oppressed,
Who stole from us, lied to us or laughed at us -
We have nothing to do with their lies and mess.
[Ameen.]

May Allah the Most Merciful reunite
Me with my beloved parents in Heaven -
Along with all our Muslim loved ones and friends,
May Allah make Firdaus where we meet again.
[Ameen.]

May Allah make our being Muslim the main
Reason for our being welcome in Jannah,
Even if we may lag in doing Da'wah
As long as we stick to the Prophet's Sunnah.
[Ameen.]

AstaghfurAllah Al-'Atheem everyday,
AstaghfurAllah Al-'Atheem for all sins,
AstaghfurAllah Al-'Atheem day and night,
Always think of Allah until you meet Him.

SubhanAllah as I remember the smiles
Of my dear mother and father when they died,
Knowing that they're with Allah, I smile likewise,
And pray that we'll meet again in Paradise.

Now I worry of my husband dear Noma,
The only man whom I can take as my spouse -
With some of what he does, how will his state be?
What words will be about him spreading around?

I love him for Allah's sake. Allah knows best.
On Yawm 'Arafa I pray for my spouse too,
For all Muslims whom I love just for Allah,
May our du'as by Allah's Mercy come true.

On Judgment Day all secrets will be revealed,
As for those few du'as that were unanswered
On that Day they may become your friends or shield.
Thus, say your du'as, for God's Rewards are real.

May Allah the Most Merciful forgive all our mistakes, accept all our good deeds, answer all our du'as and reunite us with our Muslim loved ones in Jannatul Firdaus near Him Allah and His noble Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam. Ameen. www.wisdom.edu.ph

Wasalaam~
Mariam Mababaya

Include all Muslims in your good du'as :)

Virtues Of The Day Of 'Arafa: