Friday 2 October 2015

POEM: Allah Knows Best All That Takes Place By His Will.

In The Name Of Allah
The Most Gracious The Most Merciful


It was narrated that Allah's Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam said, "Steadfastly pursue what benefits you, seek help only from Allah, and do not give up.
If something befalls you, do not say, ‘If only I had done otherwise,’ 
but rather say, ‘Allah’s Will be done,’ for 
‘if only’ opens the door to satan’s mischief. (Sahih Al-Bukhari)

Few things that could have been, but did not take place -
Maybe they were meant to be, but they passed by.
Life's a maze, with ways to find, choices to make,
Puzzles to solve, gems to gain, and gifts disguised.

What if with my ex-best friend I stayed in touch?
What if we spoke a lot, as we did back then?
 Perhaps there'd be some sins we'd be guilty of,
Like sharing tales not to share with nosy men.

What if I accepted one man's proposal,
And lived with his family in Pakistan?
The previous suitor too may have been useful -
Imagine us in Madina's noble lands.

What if I spoke Filipino fluently,
And what if English was not my first language?
...If we signed up for citizenship Saudi,
If I went to uni, not online college?

What if I slept beside my Mom 'fore she died,
And went out much sooner to visit my Dad?
Dear God unite me with them in Paradise,
Though there were no goodbyes, that was not our last.
Ameen.

What if Dad recovered and married again?
Only Allah knows how much Dad missed dear Mom.
It may be that a stepmom invites problems,
So Allah took dear Dad after a few months.

What if I chose not to teach but lived with him,
If I followed my spouse wherever he went?
If together we could always do good things,
Like him teaching me how not to overspend.

SubhanAllah how many lessons I've learned,
From the faults I made, and those of some people.
To their doers good and bad acts may return.
Sins too can be erased when you're regretful.

What if we were more quiet than talkative,
And if we had to speak, we spoke with wise words,
 If of our deeds we were more contemplative,
Thus before anything, think of Allah first.

When Allah gives you talent, use it for good.
When Allah gifts others, be happy for them.
When things don't go right, know you did what you could.
Your tears for Allah too may lead to Heaven.

When some sin against you, they but wrong themselves -
On Judgment Day, they'll see what they used to do.
There are myriad ways that Allah loves and helps.
Only Allah knows well what is best for you.

May Allah the Most Merciful accept all our good deeds, forgive all our sins and reunite us with our Muslim loved ones in Jannatul Firdaus near Him Allah and His noble Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam. Ameen.

Include us and all Muslims in your good du'as :)

Wasalaam~
Mariam M.

Wisdom Islamic School of Philippines
Wisdom Islamic School Facebook Page: