Sunday 25 October 2015

SONNET: On Our Wedding Date

In The Name Of Allah
The Most Gracious The Most Merciful 

MashaAllah and Alhamdulillah
Married since 25th October 2006 Shawwal

Words of Love from a treasure to a trust -
From a righteous wife to her only man:
To remain loyal for me 'tis a must.
All that you do I choose to understand. 

I don't need a ring to show we are wed.
Our God Allah witnessed our sweet wedding. 
No pretentious ring.  I'll have you instead -
You're my spouse - I'm your wife: true and loving. 

If for some reason, some assume you left,
With God's Mercy I'll find a way to you. 
No new relations. To just you I'm wed.
I'm your treasure - among the special few. 

Blest are men whose wives stay chaste and loyal,
Whose love lives hold many lessons royal.

"What makes the righteous Muslim wife different from other wives is her loyalty to her only spouse, her management of herself and his belongings, in how she understands him and for Allah's sake is always forgiving. She includes him in her du'as almost each night and day, willingly listens to each word he says, gives him advice, shows him the right way and helps him pray. She is thankful to Allah first and foremost, and is grateful to be married to her only husband in many ways. Allah Almighty knows best. "

Include all Muslims in your good du'as :)

Wasalaam~
Mariam M. <3 Dr. Nomayri AbdulWahab