Thursday 19 March 2015

POEM: Free To Choose Whom To Befriend

In the Name of Allah
The Most Gracious The Most Merciful

To some, I may be seen as an 'extrovert' -
One who is sociable, may talk quite often
About random things, sharing what I can share,
Who enjoys chatting with a tight group of friends,

Can start conversations with friendly strangers,
Who'd rather teach a class of fifty than nine,
And be adventurous -yet there are times when
Wise solitude and seclusion I don't mind.

Each moment I spend with our True Friend Allah
Through adhkaar and du'as is appreciated.
I choose to be with God Allah than with a
Flock of fakes and fools who'll have my time wasted,

Who deplorably bark tales about others,
And spread gossip about people they envy,
Who may barge into silly quarrels with you
Only to flaunt their flaws and idiocy.

In general I'm friendly, and free to choose
Who my friends are and whom my hours are spent on.
With Allah always watching each one of us,
Not one of His servants is ever alone.

~Written by Mariam Mababaya
Wisdom Islamic School

A few articles you may be interested in :)
Loving For Allah's Sake And Hating For Allah's Sake -Saaid.Net (Arabic)
The Qualities Of A Good Muslim Friend -IslamQA.com (Arabic)
Being Polite v.s. Being a "Fake Friend" -IslamQA.com (English)