Thursday 2 March 2017

POEM: O' Allah Forgive My Dear Parents. Ameen.

In the Name of Allah
The Most Gracious The Most Merciful

    O’ Allah, the Most Merciful, Most Loving,
    Some good deeds my parents did back when living,
    As a witness that my parents did their best,
    Praying Jannatul Ferdaus is where they rest:

    Dear Allah, I remember those nights back then
    Seeing my parents pray Tahajjud often,
    My Dad as my Mom’s Imam, I’d find them both
    Praying together for success in both worlds.

    My Mom, a great mom, did whatever she could
    To fulfill our needs, she cleaned, sew clothes and cooked,
    Woke us early for Fajr Salah on time,
    Was always there to love, feed, hug and advise.

    Before going to school I’d kiss her goodbye,
    Writing her Islamic books as I’d arrive.
    Always busy researching about Islam,
    She taught me lessons I had to understand.

    My Dad, a wonderful dad, tried his best too
    In caring for us, buying supplies for school.
    Often he’d come home from work with lots of sweets,
    Ensure we had blankets before he would sleep.

    Many times he’d assist with school assignments.
    Though closer to Mom, my Dad was still my friend.
    I recall that time he sat right next to me
    To prevent boys mixing, to teach modesty.

     MashaAllah both were active in Da’wah,
    Sharing Islamic talks and giving Zakah.
    Saw how they’d donate boxes of food and clothes
    To needy loved ones and refugees unknown.

    Always concerned for oppressed Muslims worldwide,
    In Iraq, Kashmir, Chechnya, Palestine,
    And all countries, they did whatever they could
    Through du’as and teaching Islam as all should.

    My parents too loved feeding stray cats and birds,
    Strived to teach us good manners and keep us learned.
    From Mom’s advice is not to be material,
    To have good manners. From Dad: to stay faithful.

    Before Mom died, I helped her pray her prayers,
    Lifting her arms, saying ‘Allahu Akbar’.
    On seeing Dad passed in ICU, told him
    ‘You’re a martyr, we’ll meet in Jannah again.’

    No nights and days pass without sorrow greeting,
    May my tears expiate all my sins. Ameen.
    May Allah Almighty always grant Mercy
    And unite me with my parents in Jannah. Ameen.
    Allah the Almighty said, “And We have enjoined on man to be dutiful and kind to his parents.” [The Noble Qur'an 46:15] 
    www.Islamqa.info/en/13783

    May Allah the Most Merciful accept all our good deeds, forgive all our wrongdoings, answer our du'as and reunite us with our Muslim loved ones in the uppermost level of Heaven Jannatul Firdaus next to Him and His beloved Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu alaihi wa sallam. Allahumma Innaka 'Afuwwun Kareemun tuhibbul 'afwa fa'fu 'annaa. Ameen.
    Wasalaam~
    Mariam​
    ______________________