Wednesday 20 January 2016

SONNET: Marriage - A Special Way Of Love

In The Name Of Allah
The Most Gracious The Most Merciful


I can love a Muslim for Allah's sake,
For their faith and good manners they portray.
It's one's right to choose whom it's right to hate,
When those you despise are liars and fakes.

As for my love for my spouse - it's special;
It's love that's true and unconditional,
Just for Allah's sake, the Most Merciful,
To stay loving, wise, humble and loyal.

I've loved him since the time we were engaged,
All good things he's done I appreciate,
Still love him despite his human mistakes,
Because I'm his wife whose loyalty stays.

With my spouse - we spoke, shared, learned, loved and laughed.
It's special with him - he's my other half.

MashaAllah and Alhamdulillah always :)

Mariam M. <3 Nomayri AbdulWahab

Allah Almighty knows best.
Most of the poems about my marriage are directed at those jealous unbelievers who doubt my love for the only man whom I can take as my only husband. May Allah the Most Merciful forgive all our sins, accept all our good deeds and reunite us with our Muslim loved ones in Jannatul Firdaus with His Mercy near Him and His noble Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam. Ameen.

Islamic online article shared by a first wife
about the wisdom of men being allowed to have up to four wives in Islam:
https://islamqa.info/en/14022