Friday 27 February 2015

POEM: Random Facts About Me (Old Poem)

In the Name of Allah
The Most Gracious The Most Merciful

My name is “Maryam”, the name of the Prophet Jesus’ mother.
Alhamdulillah, married at twenty, hubby's a doctor.
I was born in Saudi Arabia in nineteen eighty six.
The language I use, since birth, e’en with my parents is English.
Alhamdulillah with them I’ve traveled to many countries –
From Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the Egyptian pyramids,
Cool countries like England and France, Denmark and U. S. of A.
Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia where we once planned to stay.
I believe in Allah, I always seek knowledge of Islam,
I love reading Islamic books and teach Islam when I can,
I too enjoy poetry –have been writing since my early teens.
Had a few writings published in a Saudi Fun Times magazine.
I’m friendly in general. I don’t start fights for no reason.
You can tell I dislike someone when I snub or avoid them.
I’m against suicide bombings, against all acts of injustice.
I love the Messenger Muhammad (SallAllahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) and all of God’s Prophets like Jesus and Moses.
I believe that silence is better than constant chit-chatting,
And that enjoining good deeds is better than simply sighing.
I believe that when someone is rude to you they’re just jealous,
And sticking to Islam and good manners is always a must.
If my friends from school were to see me they’d think I’ve changed so much.
Many things I no longer do due to their evils and such.
I am Maryam –a Muslim and a friend you can always trust.

~Written by Mariam Mababaya
www.wisdom.edu.ph