Sunday 1 March 2015

POEM: My Teenage Years (MashaAllah / Tawbah / Return To Allah)

In the Name of Allah
The Most Gracious The Most Merciful

Life is about making the right choices and finding the right way that leads to God Allah. Allah knows best. Wasalaam :)

Bismillahir Rahmaan Ar-Raheem.
AstaghfurAllah every day and night,
May Allah the Most Forgiving forgive me
And all the acts I did that weren't right.

As I look back at my teenage years, and
Go through some of the childish notes I wrote,
I realize the mistakes I did and
Ignorance which at that time I did not know.

Then I see myself with the knowledge that
God Allah -out of His Mercy- has bestowed -
I say Alhamdulillah each day and night,
For His Light which aforetime was not shown.

I was a teen back then -so immature,
At times sensitive, rebellious and unwise.
As the months went by, I learned to love Allah,
Sought knowledge of Islam while sins I despised.

I'm no longer who you think I used to be.
 I am Muslim; and Allah knows the true me.
God knows how much I've changed, the lessons I've learned,
And my intentions which none can really see.

Through the good deeds I do each day and night, and
Good messages I try to share with others,
Through the tears that flow when I think of Allah,
And du'as on behalf of Muslim brothers,

Through reciting from the Qur'an everyday,
And trying to memorize the whole Qur'an,
Through sharing whatever I can share with all -
Of kindness, advice and knowledge of Islam,

Through enjoining good deeds whenever I can,
And forbidding myself and others from sin,
(For Allah's sake) I pray all my sins are erased,
And Allah welcomes me as I run to Him.

Life is about making the right decisions -
I've chosen to stay on the Path to Allah.
As I'm grateful to God for what He taught me,
I share with you and all my love for Islam.



It was narrated that the Messenger of Allah (sallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: ‘The one who repents from a sin is like one who did not sin (in the first place).’” (Sunan Ibn Majah)

May Allah the Most Merciful accept all our good deeds and return to Him, and may Allah the Almighty make us among His friends whom He will love to welcome in Firdaus/Heaven. Ameen.

~Wasalaam :)
Written by Mariam Mababaya (<3 Nomayri -May Allah always guide him. Ameen.)